Full course description
Date: Friday, October 16, 2020
Time: 1:00 p.m. - 4:15 p.m. (Includes one 15-minute break)
Location: CarmenZoom (Details below)
Three (3) CEs
Sexuality is an integral part of life and overall health. Too often, social work ignores its impact on patients and clients. This course will explore what it means to be “sex positive” and how that intersects with social work. It will define and expand sexual development across the entire lifespan. Specifically, it will look at how sexuality and pleasure can be used as a tool for healing once it is introduced into the therapeutic space.
During this training, the presenter will aim to provide tools and language for all practitioners to feel confident assessing sexual health of clients and to provide a starting point for treatment. To note, this course will operate from a sex positive and body positive lens.
By the end of this training participants will be able to:
- Define and expand knowledge of sexuality and sexual development across the lifespan; including identification of what behaviors are clinically significant.
- Define "sex positive" within social work and society at large. Apply sex positive principles to current practice.
- Expand knowledge of the intersections of sexuality and social work to understand why sexuality must be addressed in order to treat, or work with, the whole individual and uphold ethical guidelines set forth by the NASW Code of Ethics.
Three (3) CEUs are available for participants who complete this training. Partial credit will not be awarded, with no exceptions.
- Each participant must submit an individual Zoom registration to receive CEUs.
- CEUs will be awarded based on the times automatically recorded upon your arrival to and departure from the webinar. Please allow yourself enough time install the Zoom application on your computer or phone in advance of the webinar start time: https://zoom.us/support/download.
- Training participants will receive an email within two (2) business days of the training end date indicating access to the course survey/evaluation has been opened. Once you submit your feedback, our system will automatically generate your CEU certificate/certificate of attendance for download and/or print. You will also receive an email with a link to download your certificate.
- Please make sure you have messages from Canvas Catalog at email@example.com marked as a safe sender (whitelisted) to ensure your receive our automated messages. Please check your junk/spam folder if you do not see it in your primary inbox.
- If you are licensed by The State of Ohio CSWMFT Board, please be sure to provide your license number when registering in Zoom and/or when completing the course evaluation or your participation will not be reported to CE Broker.
Meet Your Presenter
Abigail Hust, MSW, LISW-S is a Clinical Social Worker specializing in sex therapy and treatment of adolescents, couples and adults. Abigail utilizes a sex positive approach to work with all people on exploring and developing a healthy sense of self. She has experience treating a variety of concerns, including depression, anxiety, trauma and post-traumatic stress. Sex therapy encompasses a variety of concerns, including communication, desire discrepancy, sexual dissatisfaction or identity concerns.
Abigail is inclusive to all lifestyles, abilities, identities and relational styles/preferences. She is trained in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy and is receiving advanced training in sex therapy.
- Date: Friday, October 16, 2020
- Time: 1:00 p.m. - 4:15 p.m. (Includes one 15-minute break)
- Location: CarmenZoom
Once your registration is submitted here, you will be directed to the course homepage where you will obtain your unique Zoom webinar link.
Each participant must submit an individual registration to receive CEUs. Please do not share your unique webinar access link. If you do not complete this step, you will not receive access to the webinar.
If you require any accommodations, such as live captioning or interpretation, to participate in this event, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-292-3032. Requests received at least 14-days prior to the event will generally allow us to provide seamless access, but the College will make every effort to meet requests that we receive regardless of lead time.
The Ohio State University
College of Social Work
Office of Continuing Education
302 Stillman Hall
1947 College Road
Columbus, OH 43210
The Ohio State University College of Social Work is an approved provider of The State of Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage & Family Therapist Board. Provider Number: RCST111747