Full course description
First Time Using ScarletCanvas?
- Use Chrome browser for Windows and MacOS (make sure both the browser and your computer OS are current and do not need updating).
- Avoid Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge, as they do not seem to be compatible.
- If you experience issues with the CAPTCHA (I’m not a robot verification) upon registration, we have found it resolves itself when using a current Chrome browser.
- ScarletCanvas Browser & Computer Requirements
- Set up messages from Canvas Catalog at firstname.lastname@example.org as a trusted/whitelisted email address in your email contacts, so that our messages/announcements don't end up in your Junk/Spam folder.
- Messages sent to you via this system will list Canvas Catalog as the Sender, not OSU CSW.
- After you enroll you will receive two automated emails, one with the subject "Please confirm your email address - Ohio State ScarletCanvas." Use the link in that email to set up the password you would like to use for your account.
Motivational Interviewing (MI) is an evidence based practice developed to increase people’s motivation to change through collaborative conversations in an environment of compassion and empathy. The primary objective of this training series is to teach individuals the technical and relational skills of MI within the framework of the latest 3rd edition of William R. Miller and Stephen Rollnicks’; Motivational Interviewing; Helping People Change.
Participants will obtain general knowledge in the four processes of MI; engaging, evoking, focusing and planning. Upon completion, participants will have developed proficiency in the following core skills: open ended questions, affirmations, empathic reflections and summaries. These skills are practiced throughout the four processes to support people in resolving the common problem of ambivalence with the overarching goal of making healthy life changes.
Classifications: CSWMFT, CDP Treatment (C2) & Prevention (P2)
The Ohio State University, College of Social Work is an approved provider for the State of Ohio Counselor, Social Workers, and Marriage and Family Therapy Board. Provider Number: RCST111747
The Ohio State University, College of Social Work is an approved provider for the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board. Provider Number: 50-24068