Full course description
Date: Friday, October 22, 2021
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 4:45 p.m. (Includes 30-min lunch & two short breaks)
Location: CarmenZoom (Details below)
CE Clock Hours: 6
$175 - Special Rate for General Public Registration & Current OSU CSW Students. No discount code needed.
- Fees waivers are not permissible for this training.
Review content and strategies to pass the licensure exams for social workers. This training provides you with face-to-face presenter instruction in addition to a five-volume study guide (a $300 value). Review materials are purchased through the Association for Advanced Training in the Behavioral Sciences (www.aatbs.com). All content has been revised to reflect the most recent changes in the requirements for becoming a social worker in Ohio and provides you with access to multiple online, full-length practice tests in study and exam modes.
These trainings have limited space and tend to fill quickly. You must attend the entire training to receive the training materials. We cannot make any exceptions to this policy. Fee waivers are not permissible for this training.
By the end of this training participants will be able to:
- Identify several test taking strategies that can be applied to the licensure exam
- Review questions that allow you to assess your leaning and comprehension of information after studying
- Craft your own study plan for the exam
Continuing Education Requirements
Six (6) CEs are available for participants who complete this training. Partial credit will not be awarded.
- Each participant must submit an individual registration to receive CEs.
- CEs will be awarded to attendees that participate in the full webinar, which will be automatically recorded by Zoom upon your arrival to and departure from the meeting/webinar. Partial credit will not be awarded, with no exceptions.
- Please allow yourself enough time install the Zoom application on your computer or phone in advance of the webinar start time: https://zoom.us/support/download.
- Training participants will receive an email within five (5) business days of the training end date indicating access to the course survey/evaluation has been opened. Once you submit your feedback, our system will automatically generate your CE certificate/certificate of attendance for download and/or print. You will also receive an email containing a link to download your certificate.
- If you are licensed by The State of Ohio CSWMFT Board, please be sure to provide your full license number or your participation will not be reported to CE Broker.
To receive credit, participants must complete all coursework including readings, discussions, outside assignments, and evaluations.
- 6 CE clock hours available
- Meets requirements for OCSWMFT Board
The Ohio State University College of Social Work is an approved provider of the State of Ohio Counselor, Social Work and Marriage & Family Therapist Board. Provider Number: RCST111747
Meet Your Presenter
Jorie Schwartz, MSW, LISW-S is a licensed social worker in Columbus. She is a graduate of the MSW program at The Ohio State University and has worked primarily in the areas of community mental health and school-based prevention. She worked as a field coordinator for the College of Social Work at OSU and is now in what she describes as her “dream job” as Assistant Professor of Social and Human Services at Columbus State Community College. She has managed many programs and has supervised staff and students for most of her career.
“I have the opportunity to teach and advise many of the students in our program at Columbus State. My favorite part of the job is seeing those light bulb moments, especially when they discover a passion for the field. My students amaze me in their willingness to push themselves, especially in practicum. I love working with students who are an active part of their learning.”
- Date: Friday, October 22, 2021
- Time: 10:00 a.m. - 4:45 p.m. (Includes lunch & break)
- Location: CarmenZoom
You will receive access to the Zoom link upon registration.
You will then receive an email confirmation containing a unique meeting/webinar link. Please do not share this link. If you do not complete this step, you will not receive access to the webinar.
New ScarletCanvas User?
We recommend that you review the guidance below prior to the start of the course. It will help you navigate the course. Please refer back to these links as needed throughout your time in the course.
- ScarletCanvas Browser & Computer Requirements
- Use Chrome browser for Windows and MacOS (make sure both the browser and your computer OS are current and do not need updating).
- Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge do not seem to be compatible.
- If you experience issues with the CAPTCHA (I’m not a robot verification) upon registration, we have found it resolves itself when using a current Chrome browser.
- Set up messages from Canvas Catalog at email@example.com as a trusted/whitelisted email address in your email contacts, so that our messages/announcements aren't routed to your Junk/Spam folder.
- Messages sent to you via this system will list Canvas Catalog as the Sender, not OSU CSW.
- If you are licensed by The State of Ohio CSWMFT Board, please be sure to enter your full license number in the Professional License Information field upon registration and/or when completing the training evaluation or your participation will not be reported to CE Broker.
- Need to look up your full license number? Visit State of Ohio eLicense Verification
- After you enroll you will receive two automated emails, one with the subject "Please confirm your email address - Ohio State ScarletCanvas." Use the link in that email to set up the password you would like to use for your account.
- Canvas Student Guides - Link to all Student Guides, Videos, App Guides, & Troubleshooting
- Catalog HT Complete Your Registration
- Catalog Dashboard (Students)
- Canvas Overview (Students)
- Quizzes (Students)
- Catalog HT Collect Your Certificate
- Canvas Reset Password (Students)
We strive to host inclusive, accessible events that enable all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, to engage fully. If you require an accommodation to participation in this course, please contact CSW Accessibility at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 614-688-1657.
The Ohio State University
College of Social Work
Office of Continuing Education
302 Stillman Hall
1947 College Road
Columbus, OH 43210