Full course description
Date: Thursday, February 23, 2023
Time: 1:00 p.m. - 4:15 p.m. EST
Location: Live Webinar CarmenZoom
CEs: Three (3) (Ethics)
Fees: $35.00 (No discount code needed)
Registration Deadline: End of business on Tuesday, February 21, 2023
For over 70 years NASW has guided social workers in defining its’ ethics and professional standards. Although many advancements towards social justice and equity have since occurred, recognizing the era in which NASW was founded and the context it was developed is essential for dismantling institutional racism.
In this session, attendees will use the code of ethics to examine how institutional racism has influenced the implementation of ethics and practical strategies for advancing racial equity within the social work profession.
- Analyze of the history of social work and the development of NASW.
- Examine the influence of institutional racism on common perceptions of ethics.
- Discuss practical strategies for advancing racial equity through ethical behavior.
Meet Your Presenter
Chardé Hollins, LCSW, CCTP II is an independently licensed clinical social worker with a proven record of Making Connections that Deliver Results. She is highly regarded for her ability to gain rapport and provide innovative strategies for cultural adaptations that support inclusivity for persons of color.
Specializing in creating safe spaces for meaningful conversations, Chardé consults with organizations committed to increasing their cultural awareness and access to behavioral health services by naturally integrating emotional wellness supports and inclusive policies into their agencies culture, services, and mission. Through a strategic approach, Chardé has supported a variety of agencies in evaluating DEI practices, increasing cultural competence, expanding partnerships, and enhancing community presence.
With over ten years of experience working with justice-involved youth and trauma-affected communities, Chardé is trained in suicide prevention and trauma treatment. She formerly served as a grants manager, social worker in schools, health care, corrections, and as an advocate for court-involved youth. Utilizing her education and diverse experiences in the workplace, Chardé uniquely integrates her skills as a clinician into developing models for engagement and delivering presentations that will last beyond the classroom.
Continuing Education Information
- Three (3) CE clock hours
- Content Level: Intermediate
- Meets requirements for OCSWMFT Board in Ethics for Social Workers only
- Meets requirements for ASWB ACE Program for Social Workers in Ethics
- Attendance Requirements
- Participants must submit an individual registration in ScarletCanvas to receive CE credit.
- You will receive your Zoom webinar/meeting link one (1) business day prior to the training. Please do not share this link with anyone, it is unique to you.
- You must attend the full session to receive credit. Partial credit will not be awarded, with no exceptions.
- Your attendance will be automatically recorded by Zoom upon your arrival to and departure from the meeting/webinar.
- Participants must meet all course requirements as listed on the home page course task list.
- Evaluation, Certificate, & Reporting
- Eligible participants will receive an email announcement within five (5) business days of the training end date indicating access to the course evaluation/feedback survey has been opened.
- Once your evaluation/feedback survey is submitted, ScarletCanvas-Catalog will generate your CE certificate/certificate of attendance for download and/or print
- CE hours will be reported to CE Broker within 30-days for OCSWMFTB licensees who provide their full license numbers with their course evaluation/feedback survey.
The Ohio State University College of Social Work, (Provider: RCST111747), is an approved provider for The State of Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist (OCSWMFT) Board.
The Ohio State University College of Social Work, (Provider: 1628), is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. OSU College of Social Work maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 4/30/22-4/30/25. Social workers completing this course receive three (3) ETHICS continuing education credits.
Don't see your licensing board or certifying entity/agency listed as an approved CE provider above? Please contact your licensing board or certifying entity/agency directly to find out if they will accept CE clock hours awarded by OSU College of Social Work.
New ScarletCanvas User?
ScarletCanvas is the official professional development learning management system at Ohio State. It is a one-stop shop to manage your courses providing a set of integrated web course tools that can be used to supplement a class taught mostly face-to-face or can be used to teach an online course partially or entirely at a distance.
We recommend that you review the guidance below prior to the start of the course. It will help you navigate the course. Please refer back to these links as needed throughout your time in the course.
Please note, ScarletCanvas and CarmenCanvas are two different systems. ScarletCanvas houses the University's professional development courses, while CarmenCanvas houses our academic courses. Your CarmenCanvas sign in information does not transfer to ScarletCanvas.
- ScarletCanvas Browser & Computer Requirements
- We strongly recommend visiting this page prior to creating your new account.
- Link above routes to a "Is My Browser Up to Date?" widget which will indicate if you are using a compatible browser.
- If you experience issues with the CAPTCHA (I’m not a robot verification) upon registration, we have found it resolves itself when using a current Chrome browser.
- We strongly recommend visiting this page prior to creating your new account.
- Set up messages from Instructure/ScarletCanvas-Catalog at firstname.lastname@example.org as a trusted/whitelisted email address in your email contacts, so that our messages/announcements aren't routed to your Junk/Spam folder.
- Messages sent to you via this system will list Instructure/Canvas Catalog as the Sender, not OSU CSW.
- If you are licensed by The State of Ohio CSWMFT Board, please be sure to enter your full license number in the Professional License Information field upon registration and when completing the training evaluation.
- Need to look up your full license number? Visit State of Ohio eLicense Verification
- After you enroll you will receive two automated emails, one with the subject "Please confirm your email address - Ohio State ScarletCanvas." Use the link in that email to set up the password you would like to use for your account.
- Canvas Student Guides - Link to all Student Guides, Videos, App Guides, & Troubleshooting
- Catalog HT Complete Your Registration
- Catalog Dashboard (Students)
- Canvas Overview (Students)
- Quizzes (Students)
- Catalog HT Collect Your Certificate
- Canvas Reset Password (Students)
We strive to host inclusive, accessible events that enable all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, to engage fully. If you require an accommodation to participate in this course, please contact CSW Accessibility as early as possible and in advance of the training start date by email at email@example.com or call 614-688-1657.
Requests received at least 14-days prior to the event will generally allow us to provide seamless access, but the College will make every effort to meet requests that we receive regardless of lead time.
Complaint, Refund, No-Show, & Cancellation Policies
We are committed to providing an optimal learning experience for our course participants. However, we recognize that on occasion something unexpected may occur that would keep you from attending a training, or that there may be an instance that requires us to review circumstances that have caused concern for a participant, an instructor, or both. Please visit our Complaint, Refund, No-Show, & Cancellation Policies for more information on this process.
The Ohio State University, College of Social Work, Office of Continuing Education, 302 Stillman Hall, 1947 College Road, Columbus OH, 43210. Phone: (614) 292-3032. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: csw.osu.edu/continuing-education/