Full course description
First Time Using ScarletCanvas?
- Use Chrome browser for Windows and MacOS (make sure both the browser and your computer OS are current and do not need updating).
- Avoid Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge, as they do not seem to be compatible.
- If you experience issues with the CAPTCHA (I’m not a robot verification) upon registration, we have found it resolves itself when using a current Chrome browser.
- ScarletCanvas Browser & Computer Requirements
- Set up messages from Canvas Catalog at firstname.lastname@example.org as a trusted/whitelisted email address in your email contacts, so that our messages/announcements don't end up in your Junk/Spam folder.
- Messages sent to you via this system will list Canvas Catalog as the Sender, not OSU CSW.
- After you enroll you will receive two automated emails, one with the subject "Please confirm your email address - Ohio State ScarletCanvas." Use the link in that email to set up the password you would like to use for your account.
This self-paced course has been created to help participants learn to support their LGBTQ+ clients by better understanding the ethical obligation that social workers have to advocate for and be an ally to the LGBTQ+ community. This course will help increase your knowledge about the LGBTQ+ community and understand how to develop safe spaces for clients who identify as LGBTQ+. It is our hope that you will become a more informed and effective ally to the LGBTQ+ community.
- Participants will understand the ethical obligation social workers have of advocating for and being an ally to vulnerable populations such as the LGBTQ+ community.
- Participants will learn about the LGBTQ+ community and how to develop safe spaces for clients who identify as LGBTQ+.
- Participants will become more informed and effective allies to the LGBTQ+ community.
Continuing Education Classifications
- Three (3) CE clock hours
- Meets requirements for OCSWMFT Board in Ethics
- Meets requirements for OCDP Board in
- Prevention: CC - Cultural Competence in Prevention (formerly P8)
- Treatment: C9 - Legal & Ethical Issues in Counseling
- Treatment: S2 - Professional & Ethical Standards for Clinical Superviors
The Ohio State University College of Social Work is an approved provider of the State of Ohio Counselor, Social Work and Marriage & Family Therapist Board. Provider Number: RCST111747
The Ohio State Univeristy, College of Social Work is an approved provider of the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board. Provider Number: 50-24068
We strive to host inclusive, accessible events that enable all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, to engage fully. If you require an accommodation to participation in this course, please contact CSW Accessibility at email@example.com or call 614-688-1657.
The Ohio State University, College of Social Work, Office of Continuing Education, 302 Stillman Hall, 1947 College Road, Columbus OH, 43210. Phone: 614-292-3032 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: csw.osu.edu/continuing-education/