Full course description
First Time Using ScarletCanvas?
- Use Chrome browser for Windows and MacOS (make sure both the browser and your computer OS are current and do not need updating).
- Avoid Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge, as they do not seem to be compatible.
- If you experience issues with the CAPTCHA (I’m not a robot verification) upon registration, we have found it resolves itself when using a current Chrome browser.
- ScarletCanvas Browser & Computer Requirements
- Set up messages from Canvas Catalog at firstname.lastname@example.org as a trusted/whitelisted email address in your email contacts, so that our messages/announcements don't end up in your Junk/Spam folder.
- Messages sent to you via this system will list Canvas Catalog as the Sender, not OSU CSW.
- After you enroll you will receive two automated emails, one with the subject "Please confirm your email address - Ohio State ScarletCanvas." Use the link in that email to set up the password you would like to use for your account.
This free, 3-hour training features one module with an edited recording of a live CareLine Development training that was recorded as a Zoom Webinar on September 17th, 2021.
Grief and loss have become more prevalent in today’s society. Communities have been plagued with a multitude of pandemic losses and community violence incidents that have led to the death of loved ones, neighbors, family members, co-workers, and the like. This presentation will educate participants about what grief and loss are and how they can impact mental health. This presentation will also provide education on what types of grief there are, as well as the stages of grief, to normalize behaviors and responses related to loss. This presentation will allow for internal dialogue about grief and loss as it relates to today’s current events with the COVID-19 and variant pandemic and the increase of community violence targeting inner city areas like central Ohio. Finally, this presentation will educate and provide information in regards to treatment approaches to help with processing and healing after grief and loss and ways to cope and the importance of self-care as it pertains to grief and loss.
Participants will be able to:
- Describe what grief and loss are and identify different types of grief and loss.
- Explain the stages of grief and identify different coping strategies and self-care practices that can be beneficial for each stage.
- Provide limited knowledge to people on the phone in regards to treatment options focused to treating those suffering from grief and loss.
- Lead discussions with those affected by COVID-19 and variant pandemic and community violence as it relates to grief and loss.
Continuing Education Classifications
- Three (3) CE clock hours
- Meets requirements for CSWMFT Board
The Ohio State University College of Social Work is an approved provider of the State of Ohio Counselor, Social Work and Marriage & Family Therapist Board. Provider Number: RCST111747
The Ohio State University, College of Social Work is an approved provider for the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board. Provider Number: 50-24068
We strive to host inclusive, accessible events that enable all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, to engage fully. If you require an accommodation to participation in this course, please contact CSW Accessibility at email@example.com or call 614-688-1657.
The Ohio State University, College of Social Work, Office of Continuing Education, 302 Stillman Hall, 1947 College Road, Columbus OH, 43210. Phone: 614-292-3032 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: csw.osu.edu/continuing-education/