Full course description
First Time Using ScarletCanvas?
- Use Chrome browser for Windows and MacOS (make sure both the browser and your computer OS are current and do not need updating).
- Avoid Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge, as they do not seem to be compatible.
- If you experience issues with the CAPTCHA (I’m not a robot verification) upon registration, we have found it resolves itself when using a current Chrome browser.
- ScarletCanvas Browser & Computer Requirements
- Set up messages from Canvas Catalog at email@example.com as a trusted/whitelisted email address in your email contacts, so that our messages/announcements don't end up in your Junk/Spam folder.
- Messages sent to you via this system will list Canvas Catalog as the Sender, not OSU CSW.
- After you enroll you will receive two automated emails, one with the subject "Please confirm your email address - Ohio State ScarletCanvas." Use the link in that email to set up the password you would like to use for your account.
This free, 3-hour training features one module with an edited recording of a live CareLine training that was first held as a Zoom Webinar on July 22nd, 2021.
The work of racial justice requires intentional actions to manifest a world where racial equity lives. In such a world, people will be supported with the external realities to support their attainment of “self-actualization” – their highest levels of personal wholeness, lived meaning, and interpersonal effectiveness. To create this evolved reality requires, as law professor and internationally recognized author Rhonda V. Magee proposes, the “Inner Work of Racial Justice.” This training, utilizing a framework of mindfulness and other contemplative practices, will explore the collective results of living in a country where white supremacy continues to live embolden and embodied within the very systems and structures of this nation. Whether we are racialized white people or people of color, the embodied impact is real, not just without us, but also deep within…. This training will afford an opportunity to pause and reflect on the embodiment of racialized trauma and white supremacy, with a focus on the path moving forward, starting with individual healing which will support the collective healing. This training will also provide some practical guidance on how we can support, as micro level clinicians and workers on the phone lines, racial justice with our callers by highlighting some of the opportunities where we can intervene within a racial justice framework to assist in the alleviation and transformation of the physical, environmental, economic, political and legal contexts of current oppression in caller’s lives.
- Describe racial justice and a framework for intentional racial justice practice to be used in daily practice lives.
- Identify the signs and symptoms of racialized trauma.
- Identify contemplative practices to help oneself and others heal from racialized trauma.
- Identify the skills/tactics to intentionally use within a racial justice framework to assist in the alleviation and transformation of oppression in the lives of clients/callers.
Continuing Education Classifications
- Three (3) CE clock hours
- Meets requirements for CSWMFT Board
- Meet requirements for CDP Board in Treatment (R1) & Prevention (CC)
The Ohio State University College of Social Work is an approved provider of the State of Ohio Counselor, Social Work and Marriage & Family Therapist Board. Provider Number: RCST111747
The Ohio State University, College of Social Work is an approved provider for the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board. Provider Number: 50-24068
We strive to host inclusive, accessible events that enable all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, to engage fully. If you require an accommodation to participation in this course, please contact CSW Accessibility at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 614-688-1657.
The Ohio State University, College of Social Work, Office of Continuing Education, 302 Stillman Hall, 1947 College Road, Columbus OH, 43210. Phone: 614-292-3032 Email: email@example.com Website: csw.osu.edu/continuing-education/