Full course description
First Time Using ScarletCanvas?
- Use Chrome browser for Windows and MacOS (make sure both the browser and your computer OS are current and do not need updating).
- Avoid Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge, as they do not seem to be compatible.
- If you experience issues with the CAPTCHA (I’m not a robot verification) upon registration, we have found it resolves itself when using a current Chrome browser.
- ScarletCanvas Browser & Computer Requirements
- Set up messages from Canvas Catalog at email@example.com as a trusted/whitelisted email address in your email contacts, so that our messages/announcements don't end up in your Junk/Spam folder.
- Messages sent to you via this system will list Canvas Catalog as the Sender, not OSU CSW.
- After you enroll you will receive two automated emails, one with the subject "Please confirm your email address - Ohio State ScarletCanvas." Use the link in that email to set up the password you would like to use for your account.
This free, 1.5-hour training features one module with an edited recording of a live CareLine training that was first held as a Zoom Webinar on April 23rd, 2021.
In 2018, 211 Ohio veterans died by suicide. In 2019, suicide prevention experts and stakeholders from all over the state of Ohio, gathered to produce the State Suicide Prevention Plan which included evidence-based strategies for preventing suicides for a range of populations including veterans. The purpose of this training is to provide frontline staff with the tools needed to assess and manage suicide risk in veterans. In the first part of this training, attendees became familiar with military culture and the impact of that culture on veterans, identified brief suicide screening and assessment strategies, gain the ability to recognize risk factors, protective factors, warnings signs, and suicide precipitants and utilize these constructs in responding to callers in suicidal crisis. This workshop continues the process of improving the ability to rapidly assess suicide risk and intervene to reduce risk in veteran populations for careline workers.
- Rapidly identify suicide risk in veterans using valid screening tools.
- Rapidly identify suicide risk in veterans using interview strategies.
- Identify brief interventions for reducing suicide risk in veterans.
Continuing Education Classifications
- One and a half (1.5) CE clock hours
- Meets requirements for CSWMFT Board
- Meet requirements for CDP Board in Treatment (C7) & Prevention (PR1)
The Ohio State University College of Social Work is an approved provider of the State of Ohio Counselor, Social Work and Marriage & Family Therapist Board. Provider Number: RCST111747
The Ohio State University, College of Social Work is an approved provider for the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board. Provider Number: 50-24068
We strive to host inclusive, accessible events that enable all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, to engage fully. If you require an accommodation to participation in this course, please contact CSW Accessibility at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 614-688-1657.
The Ohio State University, College of Social Work, Office of Continuing Education, 302 Stillman Hall, 1947 College Road, Columbus OH, 43210. Phone: 614-292-3032 Email: email@example.com Website: csw.osu.edu/continuing-education/