Full course description
First Time Using ScarletCanvas?
- Use Chrome browser for Windows and MacOS (make sure both the browser and your computer OS are current and do not need updating).
- Avoid Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge, as they do not seem to be compatible.
- If you experience issues with the CAPTCHA (I’m not a robot verification) upon registration, we have found it resolves itself when using a current Chrome browser.
- ScarletCanvas Browser & Computer Requirements
- Set up messages from Canvas Catalog at firstname.lastname@example.org as a trusted/whitelisted email address in your email contacts, so that our messages/announcements don't end up in your Junk/Spam folder.
- Messages sent to you via this system will list Canvas Catalog as the Sender, not OSU CSW.
- After you enroll you will receive two automated emails, one with the subject "Please confirm your email address - Ohio State ScarletCanvas." Use the link in that email to set up the password you would like to use for your account.
This free, 2.5-hour training features one module with an edited recording of a live CareLine training that was first held as a Zoom Webinar on August 13th, 2021.
Understanding trauma and how traumatic events can impact both individuals and communities is essential when promoting recovery and resilience, as well as reducing the potential for ongoing harm and re-traumatization through engagement and treatment experiences.This training will explore and increase understanding regarding the impact of oppression and marginalization as trauma for individuals and communities, with a focus on the ways relationships and connection can be used as tools in creating collaborative healing environments.
- Identify and practice the use of affirming language and personal pronouns.
- Increase awareness and understanding regarding intent vs impact as it relates to unconscious bias.
- Identify new or increased tools of engagement for building rapport, crisis de-escalation, and making referrals.
Continuing Education Classifications
- Two and a half (2.5) CE clock hours
- Meets requirements for CSWMFT Board
- Meet requirements for CDP Board in Treatment (C7) & Prevention (CC)
The Ohio State University College of Social Work is an approved provider of the State of Ohio Counselor, Social Work and Marriage & Family Therapist Board. Provider Number: RCST111747
The Ohio State University, College of Social Work is an approved provider for the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board. Provider Number: 50-24068
We strive to host inclusive, accessible events that enable all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, to engage fully. If you require an accommodation to participation in this course, please contact CSW Accessibility at email@example.com or call 614-688-1657.
The Ohio State University, College of Social Work, Office of Continuing Education, 302 Stillman Hall, 1947 College Road, Columbus OH, 43210. Phone: 614-292-3032 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: csw.osu.edu/continuing-education/