Full course description
First Time Using ScarletCanvas?
- Use Chrome browser for Windows and MacOS (make sure both the browser and your computer OS are current and do not need updating).
- Avoid Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge, as they do not seem to be compatible.
- If you experience issues with the CAPTCHA (I’m not a robot verification) upon registration, we have found it resolves itself when using a current Chrome browser.
- ScarletCanvas Browser & Computer Requirements
- Set up messages from Canvas Catalog at email@example.com as a trusted/whitelisted email address in your email contacts, so that our messages/announcements don't end up in your Junk/Spam folder.
- Messages sent to you via this system will list Canvas Catalog as the Sender, not OSU CSW.
- After you enroll you will receive two automated emails, one with the subject "Please confirm your email address - Ohio State ScarletCanvas." Use the link in that email to set up the password you would like to use for your account.
This free, 1.5-hour training features one module with an edited recording of a live CareLine training that was first held as a Zoom Webinar on July 20th, 2021.
In this course, participants will gain an understanding of the Diagnostic Criteria for Gambling Disorder as well as co-occurring disorders often present. Participants will also be introduced to screening and assessment tools and some suggestions on how to identify and engage clients with gambling problems. We will also introduce some gaming company marketing and resources through the state that are available. Some information on credentialing, self-exclusion and prevalence will be offered. We will also discuss the increased danger of suicidality in this population.
- Describe diagnostic criteria for Gambling Disorder.
- Identify resources available in Ohio for treatment, prevention and education on problem gambling.
- Describe evidence-based treatment modalities shown to be effective in problem gambling.
Continuing Education Classifications
- One and a half (1.5) CE clock hours
- Meets requirements for CSWMFT Board
The Ohio State University College of Social Work is an approved provider of the State of Ohio Counselor, Social Work and Marriage & Family Therapist Board. Provider Number: RCST111747
The Ohio State University, College of Social Work is an approved provider for the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board. Provider Number: 50-24068
We strive to host inclusive, accessible events that enable all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, to engage fully. If you require an accommodation to participation in this course, please contact CSW Accessibility at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 614-688-1657.
The Ohio State University, College of Social Work, Office of Continuing Education, 302 Stillman Hall, 1947 College Road, Columbus OH, 43210. Phone: 614-292-3032 Email: email@example.com Website: csw.osu.edu/continuing-education/