Full course description
First Time Using ScarletCanvas?
- Use Chrome browser for Windows and MacOS (make sure both the browser and your computer OS are current and do not need updating).
- Avoid Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge, as they do not seem to be compatible.
- If you experience issues with the CAPTCHA (I’m not a robot verification) upon registration, we have found it resolves itself when using a current Chrome browser.
- ScarletCanvas Browser & Computer Requirements
- Set up messages from Canvas Catalog at email@example.com as a trusted/whitelisted email address in your email contacts, so that our messages/announcements don't end up in your Junk/Spam folder.
- Messages sent to you via this system will list Canvas Catalog as the Sender, not OSU CSW.
- After you enroll you will receive two automated emails, one with the subject "Please confirm your email address - Ohio State ScarletCanvas." Use the link in that email to set up the password you would like to use for your account.
This free, 3-hour training features one module with an edited recording of a live Behavioral Health Clinician training that was first held as a Zoom Webinar on May 21, 2021.
Sometimes the most challenging part of what we do is building a strong therapeutic rapport with clients that includes establishing trust, open communication, and a relationship container where healthy client change(s) can occur. This training will explore some of the challenges to creating client centered relationships. This training will also provide opportunities to explore and practice elements of mindfulness and principles from motivational interviewing to increase clinician effectiveness in having conversations with clients that matter, with the end goal being increased clinician effectiveness to assist clients in creating their own lives worth living.
- Assess and identify both areas of challenge and areas of strength in developing a strong therapeutic rapport with client systems.
- Identify how a trauma informed lens can assist in creating a relationship container with client systems where healthy changes can occur.
- Identify at least 2 new strategies to promote client centered relationships where clients get better and experience an improvement in their quality of life as a result of the therapeutic connection with the participant.
Continuing Education Classifications
- Three (3) CE clock hours
- Meets requirements for CSWMFT Board
- Meet requirements for CDP Board in Treatment (C2)
The Ohio State University College of Social Work is an approved provider of the State of Ohio Counselor, Social Work and Marriage & Family Therapist Board. Provider Number: RCST111747
The Ohio State University, College of Social Work is an approved provider for the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board. Provider Number: 50-24068
We strive to host inclusive, accessible events that enable all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, to engage fully. If you require an accommodation to participation in this course, please contact CSW Accessibility at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 614-688-1657.
The Ohio State University, College of Social Work, Office of Continuing Education, 302 Stillman Hall, 1947 College Road, Columbus OH, 43210. Phone: 614-292-3032 Email: email@example.com Website: csw.osu.edu/continuing-education/