Full course description
First Time Using ScarletCanvas?
- Use Chrome browser for Windows and MacOS (make sure both the browser and your computer OS are current and do not need updating).
- Avoid Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge, as they do not seem to be compatible.
- If you experience issues with the CAPTCHA (I’m not a robot verification) upon registration, we have found it resolves itself when using a current Chrome browser.
- ScarletCanvas Browser & Computer Requirements
- Set up messages from Canvas Catalog at email@example.com as a trusted/whitelisted email address in your email contacts, so that our messages/announcements don't end up in your Junk/Spam folder.
- Messages sent to you via this system will list Canvas Catalog as the Sender, not OSU CSW.
- After you enroll you will receive two automated emails, one with the subject "Please confirm your email address - Ohio State ScarletCanvas." Use the link in that email to set up the password you would like to use for your account.
This free, 3-hour training features one module with an edited recording of a live CareLine Development Training session that was first held as a Zoom Webinar on September 14th, 2021.
Power. Control. Violence. All forms of sexual violence permeate our culture and impact our society. Join staff members from the Sexual Assault Network of Central Ohio (SARNCO) as they present an overview of sexual violence and rape culture. They will also discuss trauma responses, best practices for advocacy skills, and grounding techniques for calls.
- Describe sexual violence and how our culture tolerates and trivializes it, especially violence committed against those in marginalized communities.
- Describe how strong emotions and trauma impact the way we think and react.
- Expand your understanding of advocacy: provide resources, lead grounding techniques, and respond to callers in crisis.
Continuing Education Classifications
- Three (3) CE clock hours
- Meets requirements for CSWMFT Board
- Meet requirements for CDP Board in Prevention (PR1)
The Ohio State University College of Social Work is an approved provider of the State of Ohio Counselor, Social Work and Marriage & Family Therapist Board. Provider Number: RCST111747
The Ohio State University, College of Social Work is an approved provider for the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board. Provider Number: 50-24068
We strive to host inclusive, accessible events that enable all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, to engage fully. If you require an accommodation to participation in this course, please contact CSW Accessibility at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 614-688-1657.
The Ohio State University, College of Social Work, Office of Continuing Education, 302 Stillman Hall, 1947 College Road, Colu