Full course description
First Time Using ScarletCanvas?
- Use Chrome browser for Windows and MacOS (make sure both the browser and your computer OS are current and do not need updating).
- Avoid Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge, as they do not seem to be compatible.
- If you experience issues with the CAPTCHA (I’m not a robot verification) upon registration, we have found it resolves itself when using a current Chrome browser.
- ScarletCanvas Browser & Computer Requirements
- Set up messages from Canvas Catalog at email@example.com as a trusted/whitelisted email address in your email contacts, so that our messages/announcements don't end up in your Junk/Spam folder.
- Messages sent to you via this system will list Canvas Catalog as the Sender, not OSU CSW.
- After you enroll you will receive two automated emails, one with the subject "Please confirm your email address - Ohio State ScarletCanvas." Use the link in that email to set up the password you would like to use for your account.
This free, 1-hour training features one module with an edited recording of a live CareLine training that was first held as a Zoom Webinar on March 26, 2021.
Ethical decision-making for helping professionals occurs every day in a variety of settings, however, many times professionals find that legal, ethical, and personal standards come into conflict. This course focuses on effective ethical decision-making processes within the context of professional boundaries and behaviors. Participants will have the opportunity to consider case examples as well as some of the most common ethical and boundary violations. Self-care techniques and the importance of their consistent application are also explored.
- Identify ethical issues and dilemmas in the helping-professional practice.
- Develop skills in understanding and resolving ethical dilemmas associated with boundaries and professional behaviors.
- Identify self-care skills and techniques to prevent and reduce burnout, countertransference, and compassion fatigue.
Continuing Education Classifications
- One (1) CE clock hour
- Meets requirements for CSWMFT Board
- Meet requirements for CDP Board in Treatment (C7) & Prevention (PE)
The Ohio State University College of Social Work is an approved provider of the State of Ohio Counselor, Social Work and Marriage & Family Therapist Board. Provider Number: RCST111747
The Ohio State University, College of Social Work is an approved provider for the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board. Provider Number: 50-24068
We strive to host inclusive, accessible events that enable all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, to engage fully. If you require an accommodation to participation in this course, please contact CSW Accessibility at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 614-688-1657.
The Ohio State University, College of Social Work, Office of Continuing Education, 302 Stillman Hall, 1947 College Road, Columbus OH, 43210. Phone: 614-292-3032 Email: email@example.com Website: csw.osu.edu/continuing-education/