Full course description
First Time Using ScarletCanvas?
- Use Chrome browser for Windows and MacOS (make sure both the browser and your computer OS are current and do not need updating).
- Avoid Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge, as they do not seem to be compatible.
- If you experience issues with the CAPTCHA (I’m not a robot verification) upon registration, we have found it resolves itself when using a current Chrome browser.
- ScarletCanvas Browser & Computer Requirements
- Set up messages from Canvas Catalog at firstname.lastname@example.org as a trusted/whitelisted email address in your email contacts, so that our messages/announcements don't end up in your Junk/Spam folder.
- Messages sent to you via this system will list Canvas Catalog as the Sender, not OSU CSW.
- After you enroll you will receive two automated emails, one with the subject "Please confirm your email address - Ohio State ScarletCanvas." Use the link in that email to set up the password you would like to use for your account.
This free, 2-hour training features one module with an edited recording of a live CareLine training that was first held as a Zoom Webinar on June 25th, 2021.
This training will help build a specific framework for engaging with children and adolescents. This framework will highlight developmental expectations, as well as elements of trauma informed care that can used when working with children and adolescents that may be in crisis. This training will also provide some specific strategies, advice, and best practices to engage with children and adolescents using this framework, with a focus on strategies to use over the phone.
- Learn to recognize important aspects of developmental stages in children and adolescents.
- Describe the importance of aspects of trauma informed care and how it relates to engagement.
- Identify strategies to use in engaging with children and adolescents.
Continuing Education Classifications
- Two (2) CE clock hours
- Meets requirements for CSWMFT Board
- Meet requirements for CDP Board in Treatment (C7) & Prevention (P6)
The Ohio State University College of Social Work is an approved provider of the State of Ohio Counselor, Social Work and Marriage & Family Therapist Board. Provider Number: RCST111747
The Ohio State University, College of Social Work is an approved provider for the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board. Provider Number: 50-24068
We strive to host inclusive, accessible events that enable all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, to engage fully. If you require an accommodation to participation in this course, please contact CSW Accessibility at email@example.com or call 614-688-1657.
The Ohio State University, College of Social Work, Office of Continuing Education, 302 Stillman Hall, 1947 College Road, Columbus OH, 43210. Phone: 614-292-3032 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: csw.osu.edu/continuing-education/