Full course description
First Time Using ScarletCanvas?
- Use Chrome browser for Windows and MacOS (make sure both the browser and your computer OS are current and do not need updating).
- Avoid Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge, as they do not seem to be compatible.
- If you experience issues with the CAPTCHA (I’m not a robot verification) upon registration, we have found it resolves itself when using a current Chrome browser.
- ScarletCanvas Browser & Computer Requirements
- Set up messages from Canvas Catalog at email@example.com as a trusted/whitelisted email address in your email contacts, so that our messages/announcements don't end up in your Junk/Spam folder.
- Messages sent to you via this system will list Canvas Catalog as the Sender, not OSU CSW.
- After you enroll you will receive two automated emails, one with the subject "Please confirm your email address - Ohio State ScarletCanvas." Use the link in that email to set up the password you would like to use for your account.
This free, 3-hour training features one module with an edited recording of a live CareLine training that was first held as a Zoom Webinar on May 28th, 2021.
Anger is one of the most difficult emotions to manage and possibly the most damaging towards others. We struggle to maintain our calm in stressful situations as we are bombarded with rude behavior from others, traffic jams, noise pollution, injustices, hostile workplaces, relationship conflict and a variety of other daily hassles. Mental healthcare workers are especially vulnerable to pressures from individuals seeking help who may be frustrated, angry or hostile. This course will provide participants with an opportunity to understand anger, distinguish healthy anger from problematic anger, regulate their own angry emotions, and develop healthy ways of responding to and deescalating anger in others.
- Understand the role of anger.
- Identify the problems in anger regulation and responding.
- Explain the causes of anger dysregulation.
- Develop skills for managing anger and responding in healthier ways.
Continuing Education Classifications
- Three (3) CE clock hours
- Meets requirements for CSWMFT Board
- Meet requirements for CDP Board in Treatment (R1) & Prevention (P2)
The Ohio State University College of Social Work is an approved provider of the State of Ohio Counselor, Social Work and Marriage & Family Therapist Board. Provider Number: RCST111747
The Ohio State University, College of Social Work is an approved provider for the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board. Provider Number: 50-24068
We strive to host inclusive, accessible events that enable all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, to engage fully. If you require an accommodation to participation in this course, please contact CSW Accessibility at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 614-688-1657.
The Ohio State University, College of Social Work, Office of Continuing Education, 302 Stillman Hall, 1947 College Road, Columbus OH, 43210. Phone: 614-292-3032 Email: email@example.com Website: csw.osu.edu/continuing-education/