Full course description
First Time Using ScarletCanvas?
- Use Chrome browser for Windows and MacOS (make sure both the browser and your computer OS are current and do not need updating).
- Avoid Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge, as they do not seem to be compatible.
- If you experience issues with the CAPTCHA (I’m not a robot verification) upon registration, we have found it resolves itself when using a current Chrome browser.
- ScarletCanvas Browser & Computer Requirements
- Set up messages from Canvas Catalog at firstname.lastname@example.org as a trusted/whitelisted email address in your email contacts, so that our messages/announcements don't end up in your Junk/Spam folder.
- Messages sent to you via this system will list Canvas Catalog as the Sender, not OSU CSW.
- After you enroll you will receive two automated emails, one with the subject "Please confirm your email address - Ohio State ScarletCanvas." Use the link in that email to set up the password you would like to use for your account.
The treatment of substance use disorders has evolved over time. This 6-hour, two-module self-paced course explores the brain science behind addiction through a biopsychosocial lens. Many factors can contribute to the development of a substance use disorder and these factors can be divided into biological, psychological, and social components. Biological components of substance use disorders are the main focus of this first module. The second module will explore the cycle of addiction and how neurobiology impacts varying co-occuring conditions.
This course may be applied to the professional certificate course "Building Addiction Knowledge for Frontline Workers". For more information visit our website at https://csw.osu.edu/continuing-education/
Classifications: CSWMFT, CDP Treatment (C1) & Prevention (P2)
The Ohio State University, College of Social Work is an approved provider for the State of Ohio Counselor, Social Workers, and Marriage and Family Therapy Board. Provider Number: RCST111747
The Ohio State University, College of Social Work is an approved provider for The Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board. Provider Number: 50-24068