Full course description
Addiction is a disease that knows no boundaries. This course is delivered online, is self-paced and evidence based. The primary purpose is to provide up-to-date information to people supporting those, personally or professionally suffering with this disease. This 4-hour course may be applied to the professional certificate course "Building Addiction Knowledge for Frontline Workers". For more information visit our website at https://csw.osu.edu/continuing-education/
- Explain the definition of addiction in accordance with the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM),
- Understand the diagnosis of substance use disorders; and
- Define the basic terminology used to describe the core features of addiction treatment.
Continuing Education Classifications
- Four (4) CE clock hours
- Meets requirements for OCSWMFT Board
- Meets requirements for OCDP Board in
- Prevention: P2 - Prevention Education & Service Delivery
- Treatment: C1 - Theories of Addiction
The Ohio State University College of Social Work is an approved provider of the State of Ohio Counselor, Social Work and Marriage & Family Therapist Board. Provider Number: RCST111747
The Ohio State University College of Social Work is an approved provider of the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board. Provider Number: 50-24068
New ScarletCanvas User?
We recommend that you review the guidance below prior to the start of the course. It will help you navigate the course. Please refer back to these links as needed throughout your time in the course.
- ScarletCanvas Browser & Computer Requirements
- Use Chrome browser for Windows and MacOS (make sure both the browser and your computer OS are current and do not need updating).
- Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge do not seem to be compatible.
- If you experience issues with the CAPTCHA (I’m not a robot verification) upon registration, we have found it resolves itself when using a current Chrome browser.
- Set up messages from Canvas Catalog at firstname.lastname@example.org as a trusted/whitelisted email address in your email contacts, so that our messages/announcements aren't routed to your Junk/Spam folder.
- Messages sent to you via this system will list Canvas Catalog as the Sender, not OSU CSW.
- If you are licensed by The State of Ohio CSWMFT Board, please be sure to enter your full license number in the Professional License Information field upon registration and/or when completing the training evaluation or your participation will not be reported to CE Broker.
- Need to look up your full license number? Visit State of Ohio eLicense Verification
- After you enroll you will receive two automated emails, one with the subject "Please confirm your email address - Ohio State ScarletCanvas." Use the link in that email to set up the password you would like to use for your account.
- Canvas Student Guides - Link to all Student Guides, Videos, App Guides, & Troubleshooting
- Catalog HT Complete Your Registration
- Catalog Dashboard (Students)
- Canvas Overview (Students)
- Quizzes (Students)
- Catalog HT Collect Your Certificate
- Canvas Reset Password (Students)
We strive to host inclusive, accessible events that enable all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, to engage fully. If you require an accommodation to participation in this course, please contact CSW Accessibility at email@example.com or call 614-688-1657.
The Ohio State University, College of Social Work, Office of Continuing Education, 302 Stillman Hall, 1947 College Road, Columbus OH, 43210. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: csw.osu.edu/continuing-education/