This free, 3-hour training features one module with an edited recording of a live CareLine training that was first held as a Zoom Webinar on August 27th, 2021.
Please Note: A new deadline is now in effect. This course will be open until June 30, 2023.
When someone calls a help line for support, they often have needs that fall into the following categories: a need for support and connection with another human being; a need for emotional ventilation; a need for specific information and/or resources; a need for immediate help to cope with a crisis; a need for safety and wellbeing. To be effective in meeting a diversity of caller needs, phone line workers require multiple skillsets. This training focuses on identifying and describing how to refine basic skills of crisis intervention including: the skillset of being able to remain grounded and calm on the phone lines despite the energy level of the caller; the ability to quickly establish rapport; the ability to quickly assess what the callers immediate needs or wants are that had them call the help line in the first place; the ability to partner with callers to explore alternatives and problem solutions; the ability to safety plan; and the ability to critical analyze ethical dilemmas that may arise in their work on the phone lines. Participants will leave this training with refined knowledge and an opportunity to develop skills for effective phone line work.
- Describe common elements of crisis intervention models that can inform their role providing crisis support on the phone lines.
- Identify strategies and skills they can continue to develop to effectively support individuals dealing with specific crisis themes.
- Use the Reamer Model of Ethical Decision Making to work through ethical dilemma scenarios that could happen while serving someone in crisis on the phone lines.
Continuing Education Information
- Three (3) CE clock hours
- Content Level: Intermediate
- Meets requirements for OCSWMFT Board in Ethics
- Meets requirements for OCDP Board in
- Treatment: C2 - Counseling Procedures & Strategies with Addicted Populations
- Prevention: PE - Ethics for Prevention
- Course Format & Completion Requirements
- This course is asynchronous with one module created from a recording of a live training.
- Certificate & Reporting
- Once your evaluation/feedback survey is submitted, ScarletCanvas-Catalog will generate your CE certificate/certificate of attendance for download and/or print
- CE hours will be reported to CE Broker within 30-days for OCSWMFTB and OCDP licensees who provide their full license numbers with their course evaluation/feedback survey.
The Ohio State University College of Social Work, (Provider: RCST111747), is an approved provider for The State of Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist (OCSWMFT) Board.
The Ohio State University College of Social Work, (Provider: 50-24068), is an approved provider for The Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals (OCDP) Board.
Don't see your licensing board or certifying entity/agency listed as an approved CE provider above? Please contact your licensing board or certifying entity/agency directly to find out if they will accept CE clock hours awarded by OSU College of Social Work.
New ScarletCanvas User?
ScarletCanvas is the official professional development learning management system at Ohio State. It is a one-stop shop to manage your courses providing a set of integrated web course tools that can be used to supplement a class taught mostly face-to-face or can be used to teach an online course partially or entirely at a distance.
We recommend that you review the guidance below prior to the start of the course. It will help you navigate the course. Please refer back to these links as needed throughout your time in the course.
Please note, ScarletCanvas and CarmenCanvas are two different systems. ScarletCanvas houses the University's professional development courses, while CarmenCanvas houses our academic courses. Your CarmenCanvas sign in information does not transfer to ScarletCanvas.
- ScarletCanvas Browser & Computer Requirements
- Use Chrome browser for Windows and MacOS (make sure both the browser and your computer OS are current and do not need updating).
- Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge do not seem to be compatible.
- If you experience issues with the CAPTCHA (I’m not a robot verification) upon registration, we have found it resolves itself when using a current Chrome browser.
- Set up messages from Instructure/ScarletCanvas-Catalog at firstname.lastname@example.org as a trusted/whitelisted email address in your email contacts, so that our messages/announcements aren't routed to your Junk/Spam folder.
- Messages sent to you via this system will list Instructure/Canvas Catalog as the Sender, not OSU CSW.
- If you are licensed by The State of Ohio CSWMFT and CDP Boards, please be sure to enter your full license number in the Professional License Information field upon registration and when completing the training evaluation.
- After you enroll you will receive two automated emails, one with the subject "Please confirm your email address - Ohio State ScarletCanvas." Use the link in that email to set up the password you would like to use for your account.
We strive to host inclusive, accessible events that enable all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, to engage fully. If you require an accommodation to participate in this course, please contact CSW Accessibility as early as possible and in advance of the training start date by email at email@example.com or call 614-688-1657.
Requests received at least 14-days prior to the event will generally allow us to provide seamless access, but the College will make every effort to meet requests that we receive regardless of lead time.
Complaint, Refund, No-Show, & Cancellation Policies
We are committed to providing an optimal learning experience for our course participants. However, we recognize that on occasion something unexpected may occur that would keep you from attending a training, or that there may be an instance that requires us to review circumstances that have caused concern for a participant, an instructor, or both. Please visit our Complaint, Refund, No-Show, & Cancellation Policies for more information on this process.
The Ohio State University, College of Social Work, Office of Continuing Education, 302 Stillman Hall, 1947 College Road, Columbus OH, 43210. Phone: (614) 292-3032. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: csw.osu.edu/continuing-education/